- What is your goal for this project
My goal is to use all cross-hatching, hatching, stippling, and other methods to use shading effectively in my project. I will use transformation, size and scale, and unfamiliar location in my self-portrait. I want to make it look as realistic as possible and use lots of shadows.
- Briefly describe the three ideas you have for your Surreal Self-portrait.
I have the idea that guitars with wings will be lifting chains off my arms held down by homework. Also, I will have a guitar cord coming from my head. The guitars I use will be ones I like and this shows that rock sets me free from homework and stress.
- Which of your ideas do you think is the most successful, and best meets the objectives of this project?
I think the transformation and size and scale that I use best meet the objectives. The flying guitars will be small and have wings. Which is both size and scale and transformation.
- What was the feedback you received, and how has it helped you?
I received feedback from people in the class and it helped me a lot. It caused me to change my design and make it better. It helped me pick my final design.
- How do you plan on turning your final sketch into pen and ink? Explain what techniques you plan on using in your final ink drawing, such as pointillism, hatching, cross-hatching, line weight, using different nibs, etc.
I plan on using stippling, cross-hatching, size and scale, transformation, and unnatural setting. I plan on using these because I feel they will fit well with my final piece.
6. Do you want to add colour? (we might be able to do this later)
I plan on adding color to my guitars to make them stand out more. I may also add color to other parts, however I have not decided yet.